Joined: 05 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Report Parameters Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 9:02am
I am looking for a way to conditionally prompt for a parameter or input from the user based on values existing in the report dataset. For example, if the value of {ShipHead.ShipVia} = '*Third Party*', I want the report user to select a carrier from a dropdown list. However, if {ShipHead.ShipVia} <> '*ThirdParty*', I don't want the user prompted to make any selection.
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
Posted: 13 Jun 2011 at 10:20am
I believe this would be possible only if you create your own report viewer application.
If the parameter doesn't participate in record selection, then one of the 3rd-party User Function Libraries listed at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html can prompt the user to provide a value and the dialog can be driven based on information in the report.
hth,
- Ido
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum