Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Determine when database field changes Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
godistop1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote godistop1 Replybullet Topic: Determine when database field changes
     Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 6:44am
I am a newbie to Crystal Reports and I am using XI, I know this is a simple question.
 
Writing simple report, stored procedure is selecting and sorting the data.  The data records would have several records with the same date.  When the date changes after printing some of the records, say for 2011-06-09 and the next record is 2011-06-10. I want to print a line to break up the listing with the number of records that was just printed for 2011-06-10 and start the count over and print the first record for 2011-06-10 and etc.  How would I do that?Confused
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 7:05am
group on the date field
set the group to per day
insert a summary as a COUNT of some field placed on the group fotoer of the date group
IP IP Logged
godistop1
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote godistop1 Replybullet Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 7:14am
Thanks so much!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum