I do have NULL values in the always field it is set to "use default values for NULLS". There is a ID that link the 2 tables yes.
I did a test to try my formula I change the else part to put a string like "test" instead of looking in another table field.
I get the result i want but with the string i've put
result1 always (value for this line is 1 in the table1)
result2 test (value for this line is NULL in the table1)
result3 always (value for this line is 1 in the table1)
result4 test (value for this line is NULL in the table1)
what i want it to show is the value in the table2 field. But as soon as i add the line to get this data i get (if i use the last example):
result2 description1
result4 description2
and i loose the information that would normally say "Always" as per my formula.