Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Conditional Formatting on a cross-tab summary Posted: 08 Jun 2011 at 11:03am
Long time listener, first time caller.
I have a cross-tab report that has field I would like to conditionally format. I would like to compare an individuals loss ratio to the overall company average +/- 5 points.
I have put together the following formula...
if Sum ({AGENT.LossRatio}, {AGENT.AgencyNo}) >= Sum ({AGENT.Company_Average}, {AGENT.AgencyNo}) + 5 then crRed else if Sum ({AGENT.LossRatio}, {AGENT.AgencyNo}) <= Sum ({AGENT.Company_Average}, {AGENT.AgencyNo}) - 5 then crGreen else crBlack
The formula turns all the amounts either red or greed based on if they are higher or lower than the company average, it DOES NOT recognize the +/- 5 points.
Joined: 08 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Posted: 09 Jun 2011 at 4:44am
Nope, no syntax errors. I have tried it with the parenthesis since and it didn't change the results.
Upon closer inspection it looks like the results I am seeing on the report are wholesale. The values for each cross-tab are getting either a red or a green value based on one comparison instead of a evaluation for each record. The report has 4 groups
AgencyName DataType AgencyNo LOB
The cross tab is in the AgencyNo footer, the data is already summarized at the detail level.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum