Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parmeter Field not showing all values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Topic: Parmeter Field not showing all values
     Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:42am
Good Morning,
 
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number for rows a parameter field is able to display.  I have setup both a dynamic and a static paramter field and in both cases my list is limited to about 260 items.  Is there a way to get around this?
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:13am
I thought that it was more (around 1000), and I have heard of various hacks to increase it, but I really don't know as I don't use the CR parameter screens (we have an application that uses wizards to gather the parameters for our stored procs)
 
With that said, have you run the same query in the database and seen the results?  For the dynamic fields, it won't show all combinations as some combinations will result in an empty report, and so CR doesn't display that option.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 9:56am
Yes, it is the correct field.  Even a static list will only return 339 items.
 
 
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:17am

Were you able to figure this out? I am running into the same problem.

IP IP Logged
dkalsow
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 65
Quote dkalsow Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:18am
No,  I still have the issue
Thanks :)
dkalsow
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:35am
If you do a search on the forum here, there is a registry key that can be added/modified that will increase the number of rows.  I don't remember exactly what it is, but I know it's been posted here.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
jbrandes99
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote jbrandes99 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 10:57am
Thanks..I found it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum