Joined: 22 Dec 2009
Location: Malaysia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Topic: Tables linking Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 4:43pm
Hi,
I want to show the details of the employees in my report i am confused how to join the tables which means i have a employee and job station table with 2 employee columns (Employee 1, Employee 2). The employee from the primary table can be in either one column in foreign table(job station).
How to do the linking between tables.
Note: In some cases the second employee column will be empty which means only one employee is working.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 3:16am
most likely you would want employee to link via a left outer join to jobStation table...twice, once for position 1, and once for position 2. I don't know how to do this in Crystal...I think you can add a table twice to a report.
I don't know how to as I use stored procedures to gather my report data, and I can do pretty much anything that I want/desire/need to to gather the data.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum