| Author |
Message |
RenVilo
Newbie
Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Topic: Index Page number in Crystal Reports 2008 Posted: 05 Jun 2011 at 10:13pm |
Hi guys,
I'm busy creating a report and it's got to have an Index. The index is like:
1. Introduction 2. Financial Indicators 3. Audit Objective and Scope .......... .......... ..........
and so no. Problem is that each point has to show the page number on where it can be located in the report. Creating it static will not work because some audit objectives and scope may be longer so it might go onto a new page.
How do I do this?
Thanks
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
Dewald
Groupie
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
|

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:52am |
Have a look at this post http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?t=546046 I have not tried it, but it looks worth a try.
|
|
Dewald Botha
http://www.ITClarity.co.za
|
IP Logged |
|
RenVilo
Newbie
Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 3:57am |
Hi Dewald,
thanks but the problem is I don't have any groups in my report... I don't think it's possible without Groups so looks like I'll have to redo my report ;)
|
IP Logged |
|
IdoMillet
Groupie
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
|

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 5:18pm |
|
Are you willing to deliver the final result as a pdf export from the Crystal report? If so, there is a 3rd-party tool that can generate a Table of Contents for you. It is ne of the 3rd-party desktop schedulers listed at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html
Cheers,
- Ido
|
|
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
|
IP Logged |
|
RenVilo
Newbie
Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 at 9:46pm |
Hi IdoMillet,
sure I'll share it :)
Downloading that 3rd party tool now but seems expensive...
|
IP Logged |
|
RenVilo
Newbie
Joined: 24 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 2:13am |
|
Ok that didn't work :(
Can't I use a formula that will look for that "topic" and just bring back the page number?
Isn't that possible?
Like I said. I have 1 group with several "Topics" in the report.
So if it matches the Topic (that can be hard coded) it brings back the page number :D
|
IP Logged |
|
IdoMillet
Groupie
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 99
|

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 6:32am |
|
You used a different tool than the one I had in mind.
|
|
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.
www.MilletSoftware.com
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|