| Author |
Message |
Colonel45
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Topic: Running totals not resetting Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:30am |
I have a report that groups by username then project name. I need to get a subtotal of all the hours a user has for a particular project during each month. The issue I am having is that my running total only resets when it hits a new project which it should but if two users have hours under the same project name it does not reset see my example below:
Username: Bob Hours Month
Project gg 3 June/10
Project gg 6 July/10
Project gg 7 Aug/10
Project 1 Total 16
Project x 7 Jan/10
Project x 6 Feb/10
Project x Total 13
Username: Max Hours Month
Project x 1 Jan/10
Project x 8 Feb/10
Project x Total 22
The problem is that the running total does not reset when it hits another username. I have it setup to reset when it hits another project name, but is there a way to add a second condition to reset it?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
zach18
Groupie
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 4:39am |
|
i think if you setup a group on project then on username it might work.
|
|
Using Crystal Report 2008
www.zachtech.us
|
IP Logged |
|
Colonel45
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:17am |
I have to list projects per username so username has to be on top of the group hierarchy.
The report needs to display exactly like I showed above.
Thanks anyway but that won't work.
|
IP Logged |
|
Colonel45
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:54am |
Ultimately I need the running total to reset every time it hits a new user name (group name) also reset within the group every time it hits a new project name.
I need a subtotal of each project hour for each username.
I assume I have to create some type of formula for this.
|
IP Logged |
|
Keikoku
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:55am |
Then place the username group at the top of the hierarchy.
Usernames group
Projects group
Edited by Keikoku - 03 Jun 2011 at 5:56am
|
IP Logged |
|
zach18
Groupie
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:59am |
|
I'm pretty sure you will need two groupings, one for username and one for project. By grouping on username and THEN on project you will be able to get the total for each project. Then you can sum all the project totals for the username total.
|
|
Using Crystal Report 2008
www.zachtech.us
|
IP Logged |
|
zach18
Groupie
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 5:59am |
|
so yes you will need a couple formulas, but you will also need two groups
|
|
Using Crystal Report 2008
www.zachtech.us
|
IP Logged |
|
Colonel45
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 03 Jun 2011 at 8:52am |
My current grouping is the following:
Username
ProjectName
Transactiondate
So that's not the issue.
|
IP Logged |
|
Colonel45
Newbie
Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
|

Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 4:22am |
Any help on this here?
How do I write a condition to reset the running total that states:
if project_name is new
then
reset running total
elseif user_name is new
then
reset running total.
Something like that..
|
IP Logged |
|
zach18
Groupie
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
|

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 at 9:24am |
|
now i may be mistaken, but im pretty sure if you group like you said you are. Then you put a sum of hours in the PROJECT FOOTER it should sum hours by project. that is what i have done in the past
|
|
Using Crystal Report 2008
www.zachtech.us
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|