Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Group Filtering Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Colonel45
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote Colonel45 Replybullet Topic: Group Filtering
     Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 5:54am
I have a field named TableName.Bill_type.
 
The possible values for TableName.Bill_Type are 0 or 1.
 
In my report I need to list a summary or billable hours based on each bill type then a summary.
 
So to make it simple I currently have a list that shows all bill types and summarizes them in a grand total section. But i need to get a subtotal for bill type 0 and then a subtotal for bill type 1 and then display my grand total.
 
So how do I go about breaking up my detail section to show subtotals?
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 5:56am
group on that field and place a running total in the group footer.
IP IP Logged
Colonel45
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Quote Colonel45 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 7:55am

How would that create a total for each type of Bill_Type?

I added that field to the group and added for the Evaluate section I selected the "For each record" I also added it to the Reset section under "On changed of field". This seems to be ok but what happens when i get the other bill type, where would it summarize that data?

What I mean is how will it display a running total for a number based on a field that could have two potential values (0 or 1)?
 
If it starts to summarize the 0's then hits a 1 how will it display both the summary of the 0's and the summary of the 1's ??
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 2011 at 8:16am
Sorry, I will clarify

1. Group on that field, and then
2. create the running total, reset on group.

I think you will need a separate RT for the subtotals.

On the other hand, if you want to avoid groups, create two formulas. One keeps track of 0's, the other keeps track of 1's. Then print them somewhere.

Edited by Keikoku - 01 Jun 2011 at 8:21am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum