Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Data field in text Object Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Topic: Data field in text Object
     Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:24am
Hi

I have a data field that contains very long data and I am trying to keep the heading for the data field in line with the start of the field. I have contained the heading and data object in one field and set the text object container to grow.

On one of the fields which does wrap to the next line I am finding that the data is also jumping down a line in the field. Like this:

Column Heading:
Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data

And it should be like this:

Column Heading: Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data, Data

It only does this if the data field wraps at the end of the page to the next line otherwise the data field and column heading will be in line.

I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

G

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:49am

I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a try:

-Double-click in the text object to edit.
-Select the field in the text object.
-Right-click on the field and format it (don't select "Format Text", select the "Format..." that contains the field name.)
-Turn off "Keep Together".
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Grifter
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote Grifter Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:00am
Hi

Which field do you mean? The heading text in the text object container or data field in the text object container? I tried both but do not have this option. I also tried the text object container to format and it has this option but unticking the keep object together doesn't work.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Any other thoughts, I am on a tight timeline to get this report done? No it's not a college project!

Basically I am trying to get the data to start showing on the same line as the heading within the text object container.

G


Edited by Grifter - 31 May 2011 at 5:03am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2011 at 10:12am
Which version of Crystal are you using? You need to format the data field.  You can also remove the data field from the text object container, place it on the report, format it, and then drag the formatted field into the text object.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum