Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Conditional Formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
PeterPhoenix
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote PeterPhoenix Replybullet Topic: Conditional Formatting
     Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:01am
For the life of me I can't figure out how to make one cell change colour depending on the value compared to another cell.
 
To be more specific:  I have a cell which shows me the inventory balance on hand.  A second cell tells me the level at which I need to place an order to refill that inventory.  I'd like the inventory balance cell to turn red when it drops below the re-order level in the second cell so that I can know what part numbers need to be re-ordered at a glance.
 
The highlighting expert doesn't seem to allow a conditional formatting on the basis of a value in a second cell .... which is infuriating.  :(
 
Any ideas?
 
 
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 5:13am
Right click field
format field
Border tab
Check background color
Define the formula, which will return crRed if whichever field drops below the re-order level.
IP IP Logged
PeterPhoenix
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote PeterPhoenix Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 6:30am
Thank you.  Finally got it to work.  :)
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum