Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: two date fields in the same axis in one line chart Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Topic: two date fields in the same axis in one line chart
     Posted: 25 May 2011 at 8:39am
I have a report which has a line chart. It is doing a cumulative count on a structure over a period of months. Now the requirement states they also want to see a cumulative count on a different date field. Now, under the 'change by', I did add datefield1 and for 'show data' added the cumulative total for the structure. Now after I add the datefield2 in the 'change by' box, the chart lines go offboard. Since the cumulative count is the same for both, the dates are different, i did the charts seperately for datefield1 and datefield2 to validate and they work fine seperately but how do I use both date fields on the same axis in the same chart? 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 3:26am
Simple answer, but probably not what you want to hear - you can't do this in Crystal.
 
However, working in Crystal 2008 I have been able to do some complex charting by overlaying charts in Xcelsius, importing the flash file into Crystal and using Crystal to supply the data to the chart using Flash Variables.  In order to do this correctly you have to use the features of Xcelsius to make sure that the scales on both charts are the same and the backgrounds are transparent. 
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
moontide
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 78
Quote moontide Replybullet Posted: 26 May 2011 at 4:20am
Thanks for the response! I guess I just have to tell them that then. Since they dont have xcelsius, might just have to stick with seperate charts.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum