Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Exclusion Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Marijkevn
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Marijkevn Replybullet Topic: Record Exclusion Formula
     Posted: 20 May 2011 at 4:42am
Hello, I've written a report that gives me estimated costs by category.  I want to exclude estimates that are routed to a particular machine. 

However, when I exclude the machine code in my selection formula, my report gains lines because instead of having one line per estimate, I now have one line for each remaining machine routed for that estimate.

What I'd like to do is exclude the entire estimate from the report if one of the machines routed for that estimate is on my list.

Cost table > mfg table  linked by the estimate number

So there is a one to many comparison.

Help!
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2011 at 4:10am
use data suppression; within the section expert you can have suppression formula for detail.
so check suppress, and in the formula put
{@estimate}='blockedvalue'
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum