| Author |
Message |
sthEn
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2011
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Topic: Crystal Reportx XI Dynamic Images Posted: 17 May 2011 at 3:28am |
|
Hi,
i'm trying to make a report using CR XI DEV, and I want to make dynamic images using Picture -> Graphic Location. I finally got it to work by installing Visual Studio 2005 Pro, it's getting images from either http locations, from SQL, from network discs etc - just work flawless.
The problem is, that when i try to use this report on my ERP application on OTHER computer - I can't see dynamic images, only the default one that I'm using. I don't want to install whole Visual Studio 2005 Pro on every client's machine - is there one simple library i have to use or only one simple feature of entire VS2005 Pack that I need to install on other machines?
P.S. Sorry for my english.
Best regards, Daniel
Edited by sthEn - 17 May 2011 at 3:58am
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
sthEn
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2011
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 12:55am |
Anybody?
|
IP Logged |
|
Keikoku
Senior Member
Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
|

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:42am |
|
I don't know if it will help, but maybe you can try one of those "redistributable" packages for visual studio from microsoft's website.
|
IP Logged |
|
sthEn
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2011
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:25am |
|
Nope, already done that.
|
IP Logged |
|
sthEn
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2011
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 24 May 2011 at 9:09pm |
|
"the dynamic images feature in Crystal Reports (where you can conditionally change image paths via a formula within the report itself), does not work in the free .net implementation. This feature is only available if the report is being run via CR Server"
Is that true? :/
|
IP Logged |
|
CircleD
Senior Member
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
|

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 12:44am |
|
I believe it is true.The image would need to be on the same drive as the report and database.Have you considered making a master report and then customising it with an OLE picture for each client?
|
IP Logged |
|
sthEn
Newbie
Joined: 17 May 2011
Location: Poland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
|

Posted: 25 May 2011 at 1:09am |
|
My images are from URL (for example "http://site.com/img/image_id.jpg"), not local/network discs. It's working all right with Crystal XI Report Designer Components installed on each client. The problem is, i don't have such many licences, so i can't install this components legally (it's asking for serial no matter what). I can't download it either from any source.
Edited by sthEn - 25 May 2011 at 1:11am
|
IP Logged |
|
Dewald
Groupie
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 47
|

Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 5:28am |
You could store the images in a database as a image (Data type). and then just read it from the database.
|
|
Dewald Botha
http://www.ITClarity.co.za
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|