Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Showing Hourwise datapoints in charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
iamkhader
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote iamkhader Replybullet Topic: Showing Hourwise datapoints in charts
     Posted: 11 May 2011 at 8:31pm
Hi,
    I have a requirement in a report where I need to show date on Xaxis of a chart. However, my source table doesn't have all the date entries. I need to fill in the intermediate dates for which I use a calendar table and outer join it to my source table.
 
The user wants to drill down as year, month, day and hour. I am able to get till day as my calendar table outer join gets me day. How, do i populate the missing hours with in a day without adding hours to my calendar table as this will add 24 records per day and lead to very bad performance. is there anything I can do at report level like arrays or something. I need to only display the hours on the chart xaxis if the use runs the report for less than a day.
Please  help and thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
iamkhader
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2010
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote iamkhader Replybullet Posted: 16 May 2011 at 12:07am
Im reporting on top of a BO Universe amd not directly over a dbase.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum