Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Security on printed invoice Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Slive
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Slive Replybullet Topic: Security on printed invoice
     Posted: 11 May 2011 at 11:18pm
Hi,
 
I will try explain this as best I can.
I'm running Accpac 5.5 and crystal 8.5, I'm also using a local software product called RMS as a point of sale system for Accpac.
 
I am trying to stop the users (POS) from editing the description field of a customer in RMS. When you select the customer the description field is populated automatically and they can edit this description. Unfortunately RMS does not provide a way in which to stop this(editing the description) and even if it did, it would not be 100% functional.
 
What I want to do is limit them with the crystal report in the printing phase. When they have finalised a transaction even if they have edited the description the formula I have set up in the report should just default to what the customerID description is and not print the edited description.
 
Then along with that I would like to have specific cash customers that ARE allowed to have the customer description edited (perhaps with a selection formula) be able to print their edited description on the report.
 
I've tried numerous times but formulas aren't really my strong point.
Anyone have an idea how I could go about this? Even a kickstart will help.
 
A million thanks in advance Big%20smileBig%20smile
 
Kind Regards,
Rogan
The computer does what you told it to do, not what you thought you told it to do
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum