Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Topic: Report-wide Find and Replace on Formulas Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 1:18pm
Is it possible to do a report-wide Find and Replace on the formulas? Or is there a better way to do this:
I've got a report with about 60 formulas referencing a particular query. I need to duplicate this report and have the formulas reference a different query but with all the same column names. I'd basically like to F&R "{query1;" with "{query2;" in all the formulas.
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 22 Jan 2007 at 3:26pm
Unfortunately, I don't know that Crystal Reports has this functionality. Maybe someone else done something similar and can help out?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 21 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Posted: 23 Jan 2007 at 9:24am
query1 and query2 are both stored procedures coming from MS SQL Server that return the same number and names of columns, but the two reports have slightly different format and criteria.
I tried the "Set Datasource Location" command -- and it worked great! I never noticed it before.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum