Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Filtering and Sorting Average of List of Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ccizer
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 May 2011
Location: Turkey
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote ccizer Replybullet Topic: Filtering and Sorting Average of List of Data
     Posted: 05 May 2011 at 10:39pm
Hi,

I just want to filter and sort average values. In the beginning,  I only have lists of raw data and I got the weekly average of them. Now, I have weekly averaged values and I want to filter and sort them. But I do not know how to do it. If I try to use filter option, it only filters report fields or groups, it does not filter or sort them after getting their average.  Could anyone please help me?

Best regards,



Edited by ccizer - 05 May 2011 at 10:39pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2011 at 3:35am
I doubt that you can this...CR does filtering before it renders the report, but it computes averages after filtering.  You might be able to suppress the display of a weeks data based on some criteria, but you wouldn't be able to sort them...the sort order is determined by the grouping, and the average, while I am not positive I have the feeling, is computed after the groups are set (it only makes sense as you can get the average of a group, but you need to know the group first...)
 
Again, you might be able to suppress the display of a set of records, which would appear to filter them, but I doubt that you can filter them, unless...
you use a command object as a table it has the averages and some value that you can use to link to the original data, then you might be able to get what you want.
 
And of course there is always using a stored proc, you can have it do all/most of the work of filtering/computing and just return what you want, then CR's only job is to display the desired data.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum