Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crosstab and Maximum value for each Column Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pval
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote pval Replybullet Topic: Crosstab and Maximum value for each Column
     Posted: 05 May 2011 at 1:09am
Hi Gurus

Tried to search here for the familar cases, but did not find anything which suits my needs, so I do hope that someone can drop a hint. I'm trying to create the formula which calculates the maximum value for each column in crosstab. Cross tab looks like :

             2001 2002
John I     15      14
John II    20      18
John III   18      19

So, here I have 2 columns and the goal is to add red background if the current value is the maximum value of the column. In this case 20 for 2001 and 19 for 2002.

I tried to use the following syntax if currentfieldvalue=maximum(value,group) then crRed else NoColor; then it calculates the max value for the first year only, is there a way how to achieve this for each year?
I tried to implement something familiar to this one: http://www.infosol.com/buildpage.aspx?k=cr_tt15 but it does not seems to be my case.

Thanks in advance, PV



IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum