Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Initial Global Variables Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Topic: Initial Global Variables
     Posted: 03 May 2011 at 6:48am
Hi,

I would like to create a few variables that are created on the first data record  ONLY. 

Is there an Activate method like in a FoxPro Form?... that is where the variables need to be created.

So if the record number is 0ne i want to assign a value to these variables based on data in the first record. 
If it is not the first record i do not want to change the values at all and maintain the current value.

Where should I declare these variables?

Thanks so much
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:35am
Are you saying you will have multiple groups and that you only wish to include the first record from each group in the variable?
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:49am
sorry, I did not know how to phrase my question...
But I figured it out :-)

In the formula section I made a variable called DeclairGlobalVars.
I this var i declared and set the value to all the Global/shared variables i needed and dropped it in the report header section.

I was then able to access them in the other places where I needed them.

.... This question must have seemed to simple to adept Crystal Report users.


Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum