Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Repeat Detail Section at bottom of Page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Topic: Repeat Detail Section at bottom of Page
     Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:05am
Hi all...
I need to repeat detail data at the bottom of the report in a different font and with several more fields than i have in the detail section.
I am currently using a sub report but it only prints the current / last record per page.   It seems this should be an easy fix but I cant seam to find it.
Thanks for the help.

Timmy
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:47am
So, if I understand you correctly, you need to have two sections on each page - one with a set of data and another with the same set of data with some additional fields.  Correct?
 
I'm not sure whether this will work, but it's worth a try.  This assumes that you're using some sort of ID to link from your main report to the subreport and that the data is ordered by that ID.  You'll have to tweak this appropriately if that is not the case.
 
1. In the main report create two Running Total fields.  One that gets the minimum of the ID and one that gets the maximum.  Reset on change of PageNumber.
2. Link from the main report to the subreport on both of these running total fields.
3.  In the Select Expert in the subreport, set the formula so that the ID is between the min and the max ID's from the main report.
 
-Dell
 
IP IP Logged
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:15am
Wow... That works.
Thank you
I did not expect to have to do that much... but what ever it takes.

Only thing is the Max field is resetting on change of page but the Min field is not.... very strange.

But I will figure it out.

Thanks Again
IP IP Logged
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:38am
oops....
i was wrong, this does not work because you can not select page number in a running totals field for the Resent on change of field.  
I had mistakenly selected RptLabels.RptLiteralsPage which initially seemed to work, but does not
... pressing on
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 10:57am
That was the part I was afraid wouldn't work....
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Timmy
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 02 May 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Timmy Replybullet Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:00am
I was finally able to do this :-)

I created a variable in the formula Field section and in it I created
Shared variables that I assigned the min and max values of the
field i wanted to select by.
I was then able to access those values in another formula Field variable
that I passed to a sub report.

Thanks again for your Idea which got me going in the right direction.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum