Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Pie Chart Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Molly
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Molly Replybullet Topic: Pie Chart Help
     Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 12:23pm
I'm having troubles trying to set up a pie chart, I hope I can explain this well enough.

I'm doing a chart with data (Customers Added), based on a date range (year).
The Data shows up the way I want however the problem is that I need a pie chart at the bottom showing the percentages of the total customers added each year (based on the params), but also adding the number(%) of customers NOT included by the parameters grouped together in the chart as well.

So what i have done is created a report that shows all the customers by year but suppresses those not included in the params, so that the pie chart will reflect all the customers but how do I attempt to group certain ones depending on a parameter value?  I see the Highlight option but it is dependent on set dates.

I'm guessing i have to put some kind of formula together, almost thinking that this entire pie chart needs to be in a sub report.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?  Any help is greatly appreciated!
IP IP Logged
Molly
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Molly Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2011 at 4:59am
Upon looking at it again I see that within the "on change of" > order, if i choose 'specified order' i can say group not between....however again it makes me choose the dates....

If I could specify that I want to use the parameter values this would fix my problem.  Though it doesn't look like I can
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 3:46am
so you want to show two slices, one inside your params and the other outside your params, correct?
make a formula to identify each grouping
if table.date in param1 to param2 then 'Inside' else 'Outside'
Now you can use this formula field to group on for your pie chart.
IP IP Logged
Molly
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Molly Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:28am
Almost.  I would like the "inside" ones to be split up by year, but group the outside ones together.

When you say use the formula on the group on of the pie chart, where exactly do you mean?  Is that just the second part under the DATA tab or should I be placing this somewhere else
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 5:37am
try this formula for including year data...
if table.date in param1 to param2 then totext(table.date,'yyyy') else 'Outside'
 
use the formula in the data tab
layout as advanced
on change of = formula field from above
show value  = count of date field (unless you have duplicate data)


Edited by DBlank - 02 May 2011 at 5:53am
IP IP Logged
Molly
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote Molly Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2011 at 6:01am
EXCELLENT!  that was what I needed!

Thank you so much.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum