Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Mailing labels by Invoice Date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Topic: Mailing labels by Invoice Date
     Posted: 25 Apr 2011 at 5:43pm
I've been working on this for several weeks.If I set it up with a parameter to choose "Today's date" it won't work.It worked 1 time but will not work on a refresh with new parameters.I got it to work somewhat by using a summary named "Invoice Date" summarizing the cust_name field, Max summary.Then I evaluate the invc_dat field "on change of field".Reset never.I placed the summary and suppressed it so it won't print into the details section as well as placing the invc.dat and suppressing it too.That way neither will print as I don't want them to, it's a mailing label.I then went to the Select Expert and chose the invc_dat field and"is greater than or equal to" because it won't work at all with anything else,I just get a blank report.The formula is {JR80.INVC_RDAT} >= "34813".At present it's greater than or equal to "34813" but now here is where the problem comes in. I have to manually change the greater than or equal to to the next number every time or it will print that day as well as the new day.This is for the Accounts Payable department and the Crystal reader they have access to will not ,for some reason, refresh the report or allow them to make the necessary change so I have to do it for them.Then when they open it they are able to print it with no problems.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 4:16am

sorry but this reads a bit like a run on sentence and I am having trouble deciphering your problem.

You need to pull records that areon or after today?
you have a date field that this applies to?
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:35am
Sorry, I have a tendency to do that sometimes.

I want to pull records for today, though before would be a plus however the report will only work (as written) set for today or later.Also I have to summarize the Name field.Anything else and all I get is a blank report. The {JR80.INVC_RDAT} is the only date field available in any of the invoice tables so it's all I have to work with.I know it's something simple I'm overlooking but I just can't see what it is.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 12:10pm
it appears that the {JR80.INVC_RDAT}  is a text field that has number sin it. Correct?
Is the number the number of days from a start point (1/3/1916)?
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 12:44pm
It probably does because when I change the date in select expert to refresh the information it is a number not a date.Today's is 34815.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:53am
If the value stored in the {JR80.INVC_RDAT} is a number of days since (1/1/1916) and you want to get the values that are >= today then you can use this in the select expert  
{JR80.INVC_RDAT} >= datediff('d',date(1916,1,1),currentdate)
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:43am
Thanks for the help.

When I change the formula from {JR80.INVC_RDAT} = "34815"
to
{JR80.INVC_RDAT} >= datediff('d',date(1916,1,1),currentdate) it says I need a string after the >=
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:55am
sorry forget it is a string
tonumber({JR80.INVC_RDAT}) >= datediff('d',date(1916,1,1),currentdate)
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 1:50pm
Thank you sir.That did the trick.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum