Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Keep Group Together on Multiple Column layout Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Chris.Thornburg
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Chris.Thornburg Replybullet Topic: Keep Group Together on Multiple Column layout
     Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 11:18am
I am working on a report that uses multiple columns...wraps down and up and down again.

I need to keep the group together with the footer sub-totals on each column. I can't seem to get this to work. I have tried the "Keep Together" setting on both the group and the section...it's not doing it...does Anyone have any suggestions?

-chris
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:08am
are you checking the box in the section expert?  That doesn't seem to work, at least not for me.  I right click on the group, select change group, options tab, and there is a keep together option...This one seems to work as expected.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Chris.Thornburg
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Chris.Thornburg Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 8:32am
Yeah...I tried both. It must have something to do with the layout having 2 columns.

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 11:05am
haven't done much work with multicolumn reports.
I believe that others have had the same issue.
 
I would think that if the records go across and then down, CR would have an easier time than if they go down and then across, as I can see mixed groups on a page very easily and how should CR handle it?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum