Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Changing Report Logo Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
pmcm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote pmcm Replybullet Topic: Changing Report Logo
     Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 1:07am
Hi, I have a report with a site parameter and depending on which site that is being queried I want to return a specific logo in the report header. For example if I'm querying Site 40/49 I want the OKP logo to display but if I'm querying site 48 I want the MCL logo to display and the OKP logo to hide on the report.
So far I've been trying to fiddle the suppression rule on each of the icons but doesn't seem to working correctly can anyone help me please?
Here's what I have for:
OKP - IF {?@Site} = '48' THEN FALSE
MCL - IF {?@Site} <> '48' THEN FALSE
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:15am
I haven't used images, but my general suppression formulas look like:
okp ({?@Site} = 48)  // suppress(true) if the site is 48
mcl  ({?@Site} <> 48)   //suppress(true) if the site is not 48
 
it gives a true and a false, don't know if makes a difference, probably not
IP IP Logged
pmcm
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote pmcm Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:21am
Would you believe that worked only thing I was missing was the () around the rule. Thanks for your help!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:45am
ok, it just hit me, why it wasn't working was that you were only returning FALSE...which is do not suppress. 
 
I tend to think of the suppress option as IsSuppressed...true, I don't want to see it and false as show this item.
 
I got tired of typing:
if x =y then
true
else
false
 
so I just replaced with (x=y), which CR will interpret as true or false.
 
Glad I could help.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum