Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: subreport total keeps calculating on main report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mfergel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote mfergel Replybullet Topic: subreport total keeps calculating on main report
     Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 2:43am
I have a subreport with a 3 part manual running total.  I'm trying to use that total on the main report.  I have tried the subreport in various sections of the main report and it continues to calculate, especially if the subreport is in a section that repeats.
 
So, for example, the grand total in my sub report would be 100.  I create a formula for my main report specifying the shared numbervar used in the subreport.  Past it in the footer of the main report.  The sub report is then inserted into the main report and now instead of 100 as a value for the new formula referencing the subreport, it changes based on how many times the subreport appears depending on the section it is inserted into.
 
I essentially need the final value in my subreport to be static when referenced on the main report.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2011 at 3:10am
set the shared variable to 0 before you call the subreport, or in the subreport when it starts reset the variable to 0.
 
it sounds like the subreport is adding to the shared variable, so it is growing every time it is called.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
mfergel
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote mfergel Replybullet Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 2:43am
I had to do a bunch of messing but it turned out that there was corruption or something in the links for the subreport.  I removed them and readded them and everything started working fine.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum