Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Topic: getting to the data Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 9:28am
Thank you for your time!
I have a Windows Server 2003, and a PC with an id/pw to enable me to log on the to network. On the PC I have Crystal 2008. I wish to establish an ODBC connection between the two as to allow Crystal on the PC to access the data on the server. Question is what are the necessary steps to do so...
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 26 Apr 2011 at 4:53pm
It's my understanding that Crystal must be installed on the server as well or it can't access your database. If you have remote access to the sever it would be a simple thing to install it there and then access and use it there.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum