Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: memo field truncated for 1st record only Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Pam.1980
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pam.1980 Replybullet Topic: memo field truncated for 1st record only
     Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 4:39pm
Hello,

I have Crystal version 11. The same memo field did not get truncated when I ran the report on a different version 3 yrs ago but when I ran the report today, the first record's memo field was truncated after the first 2 characters.

All other records in the report displayed the field just fine.

I have tried all kinds of things - subreport, another report, sql CAST expression. Nothing works. Spent all day trying to figure this out. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pam
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2011 at 5:27pm
Is the field size smaller in the Design tab on the first record's memo field?
IP IP Logged
Pam.1980
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Aug 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 12
Quote Pam.1980 Replybullet Posted: 23 Apr 2011 at 5:04am
No. But I am not sure why it would be. It is the width of the report and it works for ALL the records except the first one.

Can grow is also checked.

I am at my wit's end here - someone please help
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum