Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Passing parameters into subreport Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Topic: Passing parameters into subreport
     Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:15am
I'm placing a summary in group header so I have to create a subreport.

I am entering a start date and end date and will be using that to filter the query results.

If I created the same parameters in the subreport, I will get 4 parameter prompts in total.

How do I pass the two values to the subreport?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:27am
do not create params in the subreport but rather turn the main report params into formulas and use the formuals as sub-report links.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 9:44am
Alright, didn't know about the links feature. Now it works well.
IP IP Logged
zach18
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote zach18 Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 2011 at 4:49am
i think you figured it out, but you just have to edit the subreport links and use the SAME parameter as the main report. here is a picture to show the screen


Using Crystal Report 2008
www.zachtech.us
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum