Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need Assistance with values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Bmowrey
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Bmowrey Replybullet Topic: Need Assistance with values
     Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:07am

I need some help with a couple of issues. I am new to Crystal and am still learning.

Issue 1:

I have records for ambulance responses. Each incident is assigned an incident number, each unit assigned to the incident is assigned a Run#, I want to track the overall response time to each incident

Unit#     IncidentID         Run#     Time of Call      Time On scene  @RespTime        @IncRespTime

FX4      51,151              243       00:00:43            00:49:44                 3.02                         3.02

43         51,151              244       00:00:43            00:50:51                 4.13            

 

.

The @RespTime is the response time for that unit and the @IncRespTime is the shortest response time for an Incident.

Formula for @IncRespTime.

if {@RespTime}=Minimum ({@RespTime}, {Trips.IncidentID})then Minimum ({@RespTime}, {Trips.IncidentID})else 0

 

I need to be able to do calculation, summaries, and possibly grouping based on that value.

But Crystal does not allow me to do summaries on that value. Any suggestions on how to address this?

 

Issue 2:

I have a report grouped by unit number.

 In the group header I have a field for Distinct Count Of IncidentID for that unit.

I want to be able to get a sum of all of the units Distinct Count to place in the Report Footer, but again Crystal will not do a summary on this value.

 

Again any help would be appreciated.

 

Bruce Mowrey

 

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 8:36am
you cannot do summaries of summaries.
In some cases you can use shared variables to do this but you may want to rethink your process.
For example, for issue 2 you can create a formula field of "unit# & IncidentID" (you may need to convert totext) and then do a distinctcount of that for the entire report.


Edited by DBlank - 19 Apr 2011 at 8:37am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum