Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Materialized View Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
avaj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote avaj Replybullet Topic: Materialized View
     Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 9:09am
How do I get CR 2008 to add my Materialized Views to the list of available tables.  I can get Tables, Views & Stored Procedures but not my materialized views.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:18am
Have you looked in the list of tables to see if they're there?  Is security set up so that the user ID  you're using for report design can see them?
 
I've only used materialized views in universes, I've never had the occasion to use one in a Crystal report.  However, if all else fails, you could create a view that does a select from the materialized view.
 
-Dell


Edited by hilfy - 18 Apr 2011 at 11:19am
IP IP Logged
avaj
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote avaj Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 2011 at 3:50am
Thanks so much!! You pointed me in the right direction.  I was looking under Views but it was listed under Tables.
 
I went this route to help improve performance which it has tremendously.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum