Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Totaling 2 Group Totals Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dragon001
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Dragon001 Replybullet Topic: Totaling 2 Group Totals
     Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 10:08am
Another easy one (I hope!)

I have a report with groups and running totals for those groups.

GROUP1
- GROUP1 TOTAL
GROUP2
- GROUP2 TOTAL
GROUP3
- GROUP3 TOTAL
etc.

What I need to do, in addition to this, is add in a total for both groups 1 and 2. So...

GROUP1
- GROUP1 TOTAL
GROUP2
- GROUP2 TOTAL
GROUP1 and GROUP2 TOTAL
GROUP3
- GROUP3 TOTAL

I know that I can get it to show up in the right spot with conditional suppression...how do I get that total to calculate?

Thanks!
Newbie.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:16am

Will the two groups to be totalled always be the first and second group?  If so, set up a running total that never resets and display it at the end of Group2.  It will contain the value before the Group3 data is added.

 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Dragon001
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Dragon001 Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:36am
Indeed.

I think I'm getting the picture now...I can use running totals to make sums of different fields with specific conditions, then add them together in formulas.

In this case I'm doing variations of that theme throughout the report, so giving myself little running totals and putting them together as needed seems like the way to go.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum