Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: HHHEEELLLLPPPPP Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shopclerk211
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote shopclerk211 Replybullet Topic: HHHEEELLLLPPPPP
     Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:39am
I am trying to prove myself, and am at a stuck point.
 
I have a report that has this formula:
 
if({?Work Order}={sfdtlfil_sql.ord_no}) and
({sfdtlfil_sql.comp_item_no}={sfordfil_sql.item_no}) and
{sfdtlfil_sql.mat_qty_short}>{sfdtlfil_sql.act_qty}then
{sfordfil_sql.ord_no}
 
I get the correct number of responses but they are blank.....I am sure it is something simple.
 
Someone please help.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 5:50am
What kind of formula is this? Or is it just a regular formula (ie: not a suppression/selection/etc)

Edited by Keikoku - 15 Apr 2011 at 6:36am
IP IP Logged
shopclerk211
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote shopclerk211 Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 4:30am

Just a regular formula, if I am correct with it.   thanks for responding.

IP IP Logged
shopclerk211
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote shopclerk211 Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:09am
On this report I pick a workorder for a shortage list, and get the correct response.  The comp item number from one table matches the item number from another table.  The second table has the workorder that is assigned to the comp items that show in the list.  I need that workorder from the second table to match to the comp item number that comes from the first table.  And like I said with the existing formula, get the proper number of responses, but they are blank.
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:33am
Since you are retrieving data from the DB, does your DB display the correct results (and not blank)?
IP IP Logged
shopclerk211
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote shopclerk211 Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 5:56am
Yes, If I look in the second table that has the ITEM NUMBER that matches the COMP ITEM NUMBER in the first table, I am able to see the Work Order that relates to the ITEM NUMBER.  I hope that makes sense.

Edited by shopclerk211 - 18 Apr 2011 at 7:31am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum