Topic: Bollean - Fill CheckBox Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 12:59am
Greetings,
I haven't used Crystal Reports in a looong time. Recently I started a new project. I am working on ASP.NET, via Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, and would like to know how can I use a boolean in order to fill a checkbox field.
I have the following fields:
GENDER - M [] F []
What I want is, if the value of the database field is MALE then it would X the M checkbox, if it was FEMALE then it would fill the F checkbox.
Would someone, please, explain it to me how can this be done? Thanks in advance.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 3:22am
Brian has an example of this in his Cheat Sheet...I think. What you do is print the graphic of an empty check box for false and checked for true...and as I recall, it is not the graphic, it is the using the ASCII code in Wingdings I think...
my reports don't get so 'fancy', just straight financials. It's a simple trick, I just haven't used it so don't remember it fully.
well, yeah, I read about changing the bollean font to WingDing and use char(111) for unchecked and chr(254) for checked, but how do I make it check 1 box or the other?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum