Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Grouping on multiple references Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
campbell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote campbell Replybullet Topic: Grouping on multiple references
     Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:08am

I have a database that has multiple references created by a radio button.  This delivers a field with a string of all of the selections made.  I would like to strip out the individual entries and then group on each.

My first question is;
I can only seem to extract one reference per formula, using the "In String" condition.  This means I have to have a formula for each reference.  Is there another condition that I should be using?
 
Second;
If I group on a reference, the record is only displayed once in the report, where it is tagged by multiple reference in the radio buttons.  I need it to be shown in the detail against all corresponding group headers.
 
I would really appreciate some advice. 
 
Many thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 6:53am
you will have to get teh data multiple times to do this. one row will only show up in one group.
You can do this via a stored proc,  aview, a command using unions
or keep your existing data source and put multiple sub-reports, one per group you want.
IP IP Logged
campbell
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote campbell Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 2011 at 9:05pm
Many thanks for the advice.  I had thought of the subreport option and now that you have suggested this, I wiull give it a try.
 
Thanks again
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum