Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Custom Subtotals? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Dragon001
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Dragon001 Replybullet Topic: Custom Subtotals?
     Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:58am
Forgive the elementary question - still getting my head around CR design:

I am trying to make an income statement with customized totals built in throughout.

As it stands now:

ACCOUNT GROUP (Income, Cost of Goods, Wages, Utilities)
- Details (Account #, Period To Date, YTD)

Group totals and grand totals are easy enough.

If after Cost of Goods I wanted to put in a "Gross Profit" total between them before moving onto Wages...how would I go about that?

Thanks in advance
Newbie.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 3:21am
depends on the complexity for this total.  If it is simply sum(field a) - sum(field b) then you can do that fairly simply.
 
If this is the case, and you just want it to display only for COG group, I would add another section to the group footer, and conditionally suppress it. 
 
Section Expert, Suppress (x-1) button, something like:
{table.AccountGroupField} <> "Cost of Goods"
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Dragon001
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote Dragon001 Replybullet Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 7:25am
Conditional suppression.

Brilliant, that's what I needed. Thanks so much!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum