I have a series of data in a report that looks like the following:
827,489
Start Date/Time 8/18/2010 3:23:57 PM 0.00 0.00 1
Stop Date/Time 8/18/2010 4:35:19 PM 72.00 72.00 2
*Stop Date/Time 8/18/2010 6:03:06 PM 160.00 232.00 3
829,819
Start Date/Time 8/25/2010 4:14:22 PM 0.00 0.00 1
Stop Date/Time 8/25/2010 4:26:22 PM 12.00 12.00 2
827,519
*Start Date/Time 8/18/2010 4:05:53 PM 0.00 0.00 1
830,662
Start Date/Time 8/27/2010 3:52:17 PM 0.00 0.00 1
Stop Date/Time 8/27/2010 5:04:43 PM 72.00 72.00 2
830,721
Start Date/Time 8/27/2010 5:15:03 PM 0.00 0.00 1
Stop Date/Time 8/27/2010 5:59:21 PM 44.00 44.00 2
*Stop Date/Time 8/27/2010 8:31:39 PM 196.00 240.00 3
831,180
Start Date/Time 8/30/2010 3:22:09 PM 0.00 0.00 1
Stop Date/Time 8/30/2010 4:16:48 PM 54.00 54.00 2
You'll see that I essentially have start and stop times that are manually entered into a database through an interface. Unfortunately, users don't always remember to enter their start or stop times. Each record should be a pair.
Now, for the most part I've been able to flag the records using a variety of different formulas, but always with the same results. If the last record in one group (the 6 digit number) is a Start (ie. only one record with no matching stop) and the next groups record begins properly with a 'start', it thinks the record in error is the second one that is starting properly. Not the one with the missing 'stop' record.
So, essentially I need to flag each record (indicated by the * above) that does not have it's mate.