Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Locate fields used in View Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
LearningAsIGo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote LearningAsIGo Replybullet Topic: Locate fields used in View
     Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:02am
My predecessor used lots of views, for one report in particular, the report is broken. How do I locate the fields in their parent 'original' tables to use to correct the report. Some fields I am unable to locate, can the names be given aliases in a View database form? I was able to look at the View in SQL, it is using 8 tables, but some of these fields I need are not named found in any of the 8 tables used for the view.

Very lost and confused currently.

Any help would be much appreciated.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 9:55am
You need to look at the code for the view and make sure you understand what it is doing.  Yes, the fields can be aliased in the view SQL. 
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
LearningAsIGo
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote LearningAsIGo Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:12am
Am I able to look at the code from Crystal or do I have to use SQL?
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 10:20am
You have to go to the database to look at it - and you may need to get a DBA involved if you don't have access to view the code.  You don't want to see the data, you want to see the SQL statement that the view is running.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum