Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multi-Column Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dannyfarwin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote dannyfarwin Replybullet Topic: Multi-Column Report
     Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 1:12pm
I need a multi-column report, but when I set the option in the Section Expert, and set the width and gap, I get only one short width column.  I am under the assumption I should get the width of the page divided by detail columns of detail width.  What am I doing wrong??
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:41am
Setting the columns in the section expert, gets you multiple columns of the entire width of your details column.  You would use this, for example, to do mailing labels where there is more than one label across the page.
 
If you want to display your data in multiple columns (like a table of data), with a different field in each column you just put the data across the section on the report in the order you want to see it.  Or, in some cases, you can use a cross-tab if your data is summaries of numbers.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
dannyfarwin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote dannyfarwin Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 4:58am
Thanks for the reply.  I tried putting the data across, but it seems to still align with the records read eg.
 
COL-1    COL-2
 
data1
data2    data3
data4   
              data5
 
Where I need:
 
COL-1    COL-2
 
data1     data3
data2     data5
data4
 
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 5:03am

That's going to be a challenge.  You may have to look at using a subreport for the column 2 data.

-Dell
IP IP Logged
dannyfarwin
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote dannyfarwin Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 9:10am
It looks like subreports would work, but can you activate them without linking to some object on the main report??  ie. standalone.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 11 Apr 2011 at 3:16am
Yes.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum