Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Duplicate Dilemma Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
hackera40
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote hackera40 Replybullet Topic: Duplicate Dilemma
     Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 7:50am
I ran a report a few weeks back and the report was exactly the way it was supposed to work, (a rare occurrence).
 
I was asked to add a currency field into the report.  Now when I run the report, I am now getting duplicate records on the first two listings of each record.  Here is an example:
 
This is the original report:
 
Field1   Field2   Field3    
AAAA    0001     1111
BBBB    0001     2222
CCCC   0002     3333
 
Then I added the currency field:
 
Field1   Field2   Field3   Currency
AAAA    0001     1111     1.00
AAAA    0001     1111     1.00
AAAA    0001     1111       .80
AAAA    0001     1111       .65
BBBB    0001     2222     5.25
BBBB    0001     2222     5.25
CCCC   0002     3333     2.25
CCCC   0002     3333     2.25
CCCC   0002     3333     1.55
 
You get the idea.  Every record has the first two listings duplicated.  Has anyone else come across this problem?  I'm sure I'm not the first.  LOL
 
Thanks in advanced,
Al
 
 
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 7:52am
likely has to do with a join
try and go into File > Report Options and make 'Select Distinct Records' as true
IP IP Logged
hackera40
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Quote hackera40 Replybullet Posted: 08 Apr 2011 at 3:46am
Well ... the 'Select Distinct Records' worked but I too believe it may have something to do with one of the joins.  Since I am still trying to wrap my head around these 'joins', is there good documentation somewhere that best describes the functions of joins for 'newbies' and description of all of the link options available and why you would use them?
 
I guess I need ity-bity steps to understand inner, outer, right and left joins.
 
Thanks,
Al
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum