Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Bypassing params (date,number) to subreport (ora) Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JoergP
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Location: Austria
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote JoergP Replybullet Topic: Bypassing params (date,number) to subreport (ora)
     Posted: 07 Apr 2011 at 2:08am
Hi,

first I am new here and would really appreaciaty if I can find an answer to my issue. Here is the description of my problem:

I am using CR 2008 and the report should be deployed on BOXI 3.1 with an Oracle 11g 64bit database.

I have troubles in bypassing parameters from the main report to the subreport which bypasses the parameters to an oracle stored procedure, but only with a specific setup. Here is the scenario:

Currently there are 4 String parameters with multiple select in the main report. A formula is used for every parameter to join the values to one String. This formula will be linked to the subreport and everything is fine. As soon as I add a new parameter of type date or number in the stored procedure the report will stay in status "Running" on the BO server. In Crystal Reports its fine. No difference if the parameter is just visible in the subreports field explorer without having influence or if it is linked.

The strange thing is that in the following cases the report is working:
- If I change the database configuration on BO CMC from
    "Use custom database logon information specified here."
    to
    "Use original database logon information from the report.". The custom configuration is usually used because on production the settings are different. I am using the ORACLE driver.
- If I remove 2 of the String parameters the report works fine as well. So a combination of 2 multiple String parameter with 2 date or number parameters is fine. But as soon as I have 3 multiple String parameters the reports stays in "Running"

This behaviour is really confusing because it's working fine in Crystal Reports and also with the built in report db connection. I am not sure if it is linked to the db driver or a date/number conversion issue.

Has anyone come across such a behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Regards,
Joerg




Edited by JoergP - 07 Apr 2011 at 4:08am
IP IP Logged
JoergP
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Apr 2011
Location: Austria
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote JoergP Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 2011 at 10:23pm
Has someone at least a hint what else I can check?

Thx!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum