| Author |
Message |
figaro
Newbie
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Topic: Line Number Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 4:03am |
Can any one please tell me how to insert line number in the detais section of the crysta report.....
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
rnareshk
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 5:50am |
create a running total.
Steps:
1) Select the unique field in your table.
2) Put Count
3)Evaluate for each record
4)Reset is Never
|
|
Thank You,
Naresh.
|
IP Logged |
|
figaro
Newbie
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 9:41pm |
Thanks for your reply,
I have many lines in my detail section, I have to insert serial numbers to each line, can I do it without any help from the table, just by using any formula... Plz help me out.
regards
|
IP Logged |
|
rnareshk
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 2:02am |
Put the following in a formula field and use it:
WhilePrintingRecords; Global NumberVar x; x:=x+1; x
|
|
Thank You,
Naresh.
|
IP Logged |
|
figaro
Newbie
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 2:32am |
Thank u very much sir,its working.. I have one major problem related to crystal report,if u give me your email id,it will be more helpful for me. Can you give me ur id or shall i post it here itself
regards,
|
IP Logged |
|
rnareshk
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 4:02am |
post it in forum.
If I dont understand the problem, you can send the details by mail.
|
|
Thank You,
Naresh.
|
IP Logged |
|
figaro
Newbie
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 4:59am |
I am using 2 tables from a database namely OEORDH and OEORDHO, the fields of the table are like this....
OEORDH
ORDUNIQ ORDNUMBR CUSTOMER CUSTGROUP BILLNAME
4546 QUT02 CUST01 GRI XYZ
4610 QUT03 CUST02 GR2 YYY
4738 QUT03 CUST01 GR1 XYZ
OEORDHO
ORDUNIQ OPTFIELD VALUE
4546 OPTFLD1 ABCDE
4546 OPTFLD2 DEFG
4610 OPTFLD3 ASDF
4738 OPTFLD1 ABCD
These are the contents of the two tables, actually I am preparing a sales order report, when I select a report of ORDNUMBR QUT02, I want the value in OEORDHO to be printed of the of the respective ORDUNIQ (i.e. value of 4546)
To be clear when I select QUTO02 I want "ABCDE" to be printed on my report. But as per now we are getting all the items of the value field on the report.
I wil tell u how I did it, I inserted a subreport and added a command from standard report creation wizard, and inserted the following query
select value from oeordho where orduniq in(select orduniq from oeordh)
And linked this subreport to OEORDH.ORDUNIQ.
By executing this all the items in the value field is printing on the report, is there any way to pass a parameter to that SQL query instead of (select orduniq from oeordh)???
I hope you understood the actually problem, if you did not understand plz tell me, I will try to explain more clearly
regards,
Vikram
|
IP Logged |
|
rnareshk
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 9:22pm |
|
Is the data correct ? I found one - many relation between the tables.
|
|
Thank You,
Naresh.
|
IP Logged |
|
figaro
Newbie
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 9:48pm |
Yes Sir data is correct...
When I select QUT02 of ORDUNIQ 4546, then the corresponding value from the second table must get printed, ie ABCDE , DEFG.
I created a subreport and inserted a command from standard report creation wizard and wrote the following expression inside that command
select value from oeordho where orduniq in(select orduniq from oeordh)
I inserted this value into the subreport, I linked this subreport to OEORDH.ORDUNIQ, I know my query displayes all the values in OEORDHO table.
Is there any way to pass a particular ORDUNIQ ie ("4546") to that sql expression so that I get only value corresponing to 4546 ie "ABCDE" "DEFG"...
Please tell me how can i acchieve this.
regards,
Vikram.
|
IP Logged |
|
rnareshk
Newbie
Joined: 19 Jul 2007
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
|

Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 10:13pm |
Hi Vikram,
I tried this using a parameter.
1) Create a parameter
2) Click Report Menu -> Click Selection Formula -> Record
3) In the editor put the following condition
{?param1}={OEORDHO.ORDUNIQ}
Thats it.
Please check whether its correct or not.
|
|
Thank You,
Naresh.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|