Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 10:55am
Ok. You have no carriage returns which was what I was trying to key off of.
You need to find soeething that is consistently a differentiator beween where your Municipal Name ENds and your subdivision Name begins.
From your sample the only that comes to mind is that the first lowercase character (from right to left) is alwaysthe last character of the Municipality Name.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:11am
hmmm...
not sure how to do this.
I think you will need to loop through each character from right to left to see if it is lowercase until you get the position of the first lc character at which point you can use it to get text value you want.
Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts on how to right that formula?
The B3APO_ATTRIBUTE table, “subdivision” field is a custom field. This custom field, each field has its own row. Custom fields are in different tables depending what category of data it belongs to. B3APO_ATTRIBUTE holds custom fields related to Addresses, Parcels or Owners (APO).
My query retrieves 3 rows of data from B3APO_ATTRIBUTE, that’s because there are 3 different custom fields, one of which is the subdivision. To only retrieve the specific row in the table that relates to the subdivision field, I had to add a selection criteria against the B1_ATTRIBUTE_NAME column. For example, if the attribute name of the “Subdivision” field is SUBDIVISION, then in my Crystal Report selection formula, I have {B3APO_ATTRIBUTE}=”SUBDIVISION”.
Thanks for your time on this, sorry if I was not using the correct wording.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum