Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summarizing Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
herman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote herman Replybullet Topic: Summarizing Data
     Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 5:52am
I'm trying to summarized data where there's multiple identical data records that are returned, but on the report there's also data that only has one item or one record returned and no multiples. 
 
I have records on the report that are T1, T1, T1, which I would like to summarize.  There are also only one record items on the report like T2 which I don't need to summarize but still want to show.
 
How do I only summarize the identical data records and not summarize the others where there's only one record?  Is there a way to do this?
 
Thanks.


Edited by herman - 01 Apr 2011 at 7:40am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 3:10am
distinctcount({table.field}=1
 
if you place this in the suppression criteria for the cell or the row, it should do what you want, displaywise
IP IP Logged
herman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote herman Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 5:03am
Now how do I get it to only show where there's more than 1 record and suppress anything with only 1 record?  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 8:37am
this already suppresses records where the count is 1 and displays the
 
distinctcount({table.field})=1
 
distinctcount({table.field})>1 //this would suppress all record counts > 1
 
IP IP Logged
herman
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 01 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 30
Quote herman Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 8:48am
I had already tried the distinctcount({table.field})>1 and it didn't work.  It still pulled back the same data as using =1.  What am I doing wrong?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum