Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Only displaying records with null values. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
g2beastie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote g2beastie Replybullet Topic: Only displaying records with null values.
     Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 1:10pm
I have a feeling this is simple, but I havent found the answer anywhere. I'm basically trying to display a list of customers that are still enrolled, so I need a formula to put in the Record Select Expert to only show records where {table.termination_date} is NULL. Please help? Thanks in advance.

-G.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 2:22am
ISNULL({table.termination_date})
 
if there are more conditions 'AND' as in:
if x AND isnull(...) then
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
g2beastie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote g2beastie Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 5:53am

I had been trying that, but that expression just evaluates whether that field is NULL, resulting to TRUE, or whether is not, resulting to FALSE. I was missing the condition, therefore:

ISNULL({table.termination_date}) = True
 
does the trick.
 
Thanks!!!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 3:05am
in general, if a function returns true or false, you don't need to specify '= true' part, as it already evaluates to true, but it doesn't hurt to specify either.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum