I'm working with a database from CA ServiceDesk and want to pull up a fairly simple report. The only problem is that I've only been using Crystal reports for about 2 weeks now.
My report contains 6 fields from 1 table and 1 from another table (linked with database expert). My report is basically all users with their security and permission settings and finally their login time. Because all users have logged in more than once they are repeated many times over.
With the Summary expert I've been able to display the most recent login time, using the Maximum to 'Calculate this summary' in the footer of each Group (user group). However I dont want it in the footer because my reports arent clean. Additionally, because users are repeated I grouped them for better readability.
I am now trying to eliminate duplicate users by only showing most recent login time. I figured I need to use the Maximum value in the formula editor when trying to filter but I keep getting an error. I found this thread http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11469&KW=maximum and tried it based on my fields but I still get an error.
This is also where my skills lack, writing the necessary query.
I can easily get rid of the groups but main thing is to only display the most recent login time.
Here is an example of what my report currently looks like:

Can someone point me in the right direction?