Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal and parameter ranges.. Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tatespa
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote tatespa Replybullet Topic: Crystal and parameter ranges..
     Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:11am
Hi Everyone, I have Crystal V10. I'm trying to use a entry parameter, so the user will put in a date range. I defined the parameter as a date and selected the range, so when I refresh the report it will allow me to put in the start and end date. The selection SEEMS to be working because the records I see are in that range. The question is, how do I print out this parameter into the report? Can't figure out how to get it in the report. Also, sorry, another question, how can I have the report run and ask for the date as soon as its opened?? I always have to refresh and ask for new parms... Thanks!!! PaulBig%20smile
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:21am
I'm not using 10 and I don't know the differences between that and 11

Is there a way to just find that parameter field and put it on the report?

For parameter refreshing, are you saving the data with the report?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 9:01am

Sounds like you have one date param set to use a range

if that is the case, to display on the report create 2 formula fields...
Begindate as
MINIMUM({?Date})
 
Enddate as
MAXIMUM({?Date})
 


Edited by DBlank - 30 Mar 2011 at 9:03am
IP IP Logged
cynthiakelly
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote cynthiakelly Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 6:10am
Does anyone have an answer for Paul's second question
"...how can I have the report run and ask for the date as soon as its opened?? I always have to refresh and ask for new parms..."
 
 
IP IP Logged
Keikoku
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 01 Dec 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 386
Quote Keikoku Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 6:57am
For me, if the data was saved with the report, it would use whatever is stored.

Otherwise, if it doesn't store anything and must generate a new report everytime, it should prompt for parameters whenever you want to open it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum