Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report Generation Based on User selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bhanu_smile507
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote bhanu_smile507 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report Generation Based on User selection
     Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 12:19am
Hi ,Can anyone help me with this requirement??( web application)

I had 5 Cascading Drop Downs, in which I getting data into those dropdowns from a webservice. And I need to generate a crystal report based on selection of the 5 cascading dropdowns, like, if the user has selected, only the first 3 cascading dropdown, the user has generate report based on user selection.

So, what I need is how could we pass parameters into an crystal report generation, how can we pass multiple parameters from a webform, based on user selections, the user has to generate the crystal report down in the same form.

I would be happy, if you could explain me with a sample example, as I am newbie to this technology, the information provided would be very much helpful and would also like to share the same knowledge with others..

Thanks for reading this and I would like to request the moderators, like it would be easy for you, to answer this kind of questions, as u ppl might have came across this kind of situations in your life so many times, so it would be easy to answer, just hit a try/suggest me in the right path.

For an Idea, I will give an example, like 1) Categories 2) Vehicles 3) Two Wheelers 4) Yamaha 5) Model No. 6) Manufactured Year.. so if the user has selected the first 3 cascading dropdowns and the last "manufactured year", based on selection, I need to generate the data including the total as summary field..

Hope you got my point !!!

Regards,
J.BhanuChandra


Edited by bhanu_smile507 - 01 Apr 2011 at 12:20am
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 2:11am
I know that in .Net you can programatically set the parameters, in which case you would just need to code your record selection (if you are joining straight to the tables), you could also populate the parameter and join to a stored proc, in which case your record selection code would be in the stored proc, or you can call the stored proc from your app and then push the resulting dataset to the Crystal Report.
 
We use the last option in our reports, and all that is done is setting the DataSource of the report to the dataset from your data tier.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum