Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: how to utilize remaining space on page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tgards64
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote tgards64 Replybullet Topic: how to utilize remaining space on page
     Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 8:27am
Crystal Reports XI
 
I have two subreports.  Both could return one row or many rows,  so I never know on what page subreport 2 will start.  Subreport 1 is in Group Footer 1a.  Subreport 2 is in Group Footer 1b.
 
At the bottom of subreport 2, I want to include space to allow the customer to indicate additional information (I built a "table" using draw line).    I'm looking for a way to vary the number of rows in this "table" that corresponds to the amount of space remaining on the page of the main report. 
 
Since I don't know what page subreport 2 will start on, I can't count the records in the subreport.  I'm not sure what else to try.
 
thanks
IP IP Logged
Sladiebug
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Sladiebug Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm
I may be mis-understanding your question but why can't you count the records in the actual subreport and pass the value to the main report in a variable?
 
IP IP Logged
tgards64
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote tgards64 Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 2011 at 3:11am
Because of subreport 1, I won't know what page subreport 2 starts on.  It could start at the top of page 2, or it could start at the bottom of page 3, for example. 
 
Since subreport 2 can start on any page, simply counting the number of records in subreport 2 won't tell me how much space I have at the bottom of the page in the main report.
IP IP Logged
yggdrasil
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 150
Quote yggdrasil Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 4:25am
Does the first subreport start in the same place each time
Can you count the number of rows in sub 1 and add to sub 2 (with an allowance for the gap between, if there is one)?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum