Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal 8.5 crosstab: summarized field as barcode Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jeffreyandrew
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jeffreyandrew Replybullet Topic: Crystal 8.5 crosstab: summarized field as barcode
     Posted: 29 Mar 2011 at 10:15am
I've been fighting this for a while and nobody else in the office has been able to get this, so I turn to you all...

I have a crosstab, populated by an SP. I have several layers of grouping, leading to the summarized quantity which is simply a sum at the intersection of color and part number. I want this summarized field to show both a plaintext number and the same number again in barcode format.

When you insert a field as a summary, it will not let you wrap it in a formula. If you create a formula with a summary field in it, it will not let you insert it as a summary field in the crosstab. The closest I've come so far was creating a formula to barcodify the Qty field (wrapping with *), inserting that into the summarized field and going to group options within the crosstab - but then you can only do min/max etc... but *not* sum.

Any ideas would be much appreciated...


Edited by jeffreyandrew - 29 Mar 2011 at 10:47am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum